Your right to privacy is very important. Support on the Spot (referred to below as “we” or “us”) recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with a better service. That’s why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information.
By using our services, you give your consent that all personal data you submit may be processed in the manner and for the purposes described below.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Support on the Spot with registered offices at Portsmouth Technopole, Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth, PO2 8FA.
1 What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- • Details of transactions You carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your order; When making a purchase with Support on the Spot, we will collect your contact information, which includes name, address, email address and phone number, as well as payment information;
- • When you become a Support on the Spot customer you automatically subscribe all members of your organization to electronic newsletter and special offer promotions. All users can adjust email preferences and/or unsubscribe from certain communications via the unsubscribe options within each email
- • If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- • Other information to help us provide you with improved services
2 How we use your information
We use information about you in the following ways:
- • To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- • To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services;
- • To provide customer care;
- • To carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- • To notify you about changes to our website and services; and
- • To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contact for such purposes.
3 Information we receive from other sources
Support on the Spot work alongside third parties (including business parties, service providers and fraud protection services) and we may receive information from them about you. These third parties may collect information about you including, but not limited to, your IP address, device-specific information, server logs, Page | 3
device event information, location information, unique application numbers, and local storage. These sources provide their features, which are incorporated on our website and may have their own privacy statements.
4 With whom is the information shared?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- • Any cardholder who has purchased services on your behalf.
- • Any employees, agents or service providers of Support on the Spot to deal with any accounts or to deliver specific services to you.
- • Any associated company who are our business partners and/or with whom we work;
- • In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, subject to their entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings.
- • If Support on the Spot or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- • If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Support on the Spot, our customers, or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies.
- • the Internet domain and IP address from which you access our services
- • In the case of Hosted desktops and cloud environments we may hold details of files and folders that are being accessed for auditing purposes
- • the type of browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape) and operating system (Windows, UNIX) you use;
- • the date and time of your visit.
- • the pages you or your staff visit, and
Page | 4
- • the address of the web site from which you linked to us (if applicable).
We work closely with third parties who may also supply us with analytical services. These third parties may provide us with analytical cookies for us to review.
For further information about cookies, you may like to visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
6 Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers within Europe, including the United Kingdom. We do not process payments from Credit or Debit cards as this is processed by PAYPAL and all details concerning the transaction will be help with them and subject to their data policy
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Support on the Spot may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. Any information you supply on such sites will not be within our control.
8 How can you update the personal information you have provided to us?
You must maintain the accuracy of your information and ensure all your details, including but not limited to, name, address, title, phone number, e-mail address and payment details are kept up to date at all times. You must do this by updating your personal details within your Support on the Spot Control Panel.
9 Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Page | 5
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
10 Contact Us
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us at email@example.com
Please note: by signing up for any of our services you agree to be bound by all Support on the Spot terms and conditions.